Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A New Page

Nine months ago, I didn’t know half the people that today are a good part of my every day. Nine months ago, I was at cross roads. Nine months ago was when I last posted.

It has been quite a journey. I started a new job, I learned I will be a father, I moved to a new place, I bought my first car and today I learned of my new promotion. There would have been no way I would have guessed that my life nine months later would be anything like what it is today. For those who know me, that is almost unthinkable! I am the sort who spends eternity trying to identify possible parameters that would affect my future. Far back as I can remember, I have always fought to make certain all my uncertainties. However whenever in my life, I feel I have figured it out, life takes a different form and I have a new chapter to learn.

At many instances in my life, I have second guessed what the future will hold. As a result, I have been so obsessed with the unknown that I have forgotten to stop and observe the known and the visible. The more I travel through life, the more I understand that the design of my life is seldom sealed by my efforts. Don’t get me wrong it is often a powerful catalyst but not the final determinant.

Guess what I am trying to say is stretching to get a glimpse of what tomorrow holds is an eternal illusion. Look around you at the significant things that make you who you are today. Be thankful and ask if you are truly where you feel you should be. In the noisy alley of life over speeding is often what keeps us from listening to our inner voice. Life, at least in my experience, is one step ahead. So when you plan ahead, hope trust and pray!
Yesterday's tomorrow has to the most part turned out to be the today I aspired. I am content, hopeful and looking forward for the new experiences that are to come. Hoping, Trusting and Praying!!

No comments: